Monday, July 26, 2010

What motivates me?


Without getting too mushy…I would have to say the 3 L’s (love, life and laughter). I know it sounds cliché but I’m a simple girl. All the rest…like getting the biggest engagement ring or a bigger salary is of course a bonus (hint…hint).

Love for my family and friends, their friendship, kind words and encouragement in hard times is what gets me through. These relationships help to make me the kind of person I would like to be. I mailed a friend today to mention how chaotic life has suddenly become with deadlines looming all around. He in return said but a few words, ‘You have been through worse man, you will be ok’. Those words that stared at me on my computer screen and made me realise to stop whining and to get on with things.

Life…the past struggles which I have overcome is proof that anything is possible. It motivates me to persevere. My circumstances keep me grounded because there is so much to be grateful for, that others do not have.

Life can be super crazy…there’s nothing like a weekend getaway to help put things back into perspective. The outdoors is remedy for the soul, it helps to push pause on a busy world. The world is an amazing place…exploring the long open road is true bliss.

Laughter is what gets me through many painfully boring days. It takes many forms, such as a friend being clumsy, a joke email or reminiscing about younger foolish days.

Goals that are set and achieved help me to see that the way forward is not as hard as it seems…that one small goal is one step closer to the big thing. When things are going alright, the high seems like it will last forever. When it doesn’t…I chase it to feel that initial high.

Now if you are having difficulty in feeling those initial highs…you can do what I do to motivate myself…a trip to the shops can cure any mood.

If the budget is tight a good track will do. You know what I mean…that song that gets your head bobbing and singing along. It takes on various genres such as Lady Hawk, Lady Antebellum, Sade…even Amy Winehouse.

I think the most important thing that motivates me is the fact that life and time waits for no one…so give yourself 5 minutes to moan about how unfair life is then best you get on with living life.

1 comment:

  1. The 3 L's so true. I'm a big fan of Lady Antebellum, the lyrics are so powerful.

    ReplyDelete