Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If I were the boss


If I was the boss there will be no Blue Mondays! The working week would be from Tuesday to Friday. The working day would start at 9am and end at 4pm because traffic is stressful and we all have enough stress in our lives without have to battle through the mindless mass of people on the roads.

The work environment will be casual but I would still require staff to have respect for one another. The office will play music and each person gets to play their choice of music for one day. Each office would have an air conditioner and floor heating, kitchen and toilets will be clean at all times and offices will have big windows so to see the surroundings outside… because everyone knows a happy worker is a productive worker.

I would have incentives to motive workers to meet targets, whether it is a day at the spa, leaving work an hour earlier or a weekend at a local bed and breakfast.

I would employ people who fit in with the culture of the organisation, people who are flexible, who work smarter not harder, people who are dedicated and that realise that there are going to be times that we would need to work late. People who understand the importance of team work.

OFFICE GOSSIP IS STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED. We all have enough occupying our brains than to fill it with information that does not add to the enrichment of our lives.

Fridays will end at 3pm and employees can choose to leave or to stay and have a cold one (beer/cider) at my expense. It is important for staff to interact and for team building to take place. This greater sense of unity will encourage everyone to work together to reach organisational goals.

All of that said - if I was the boss and employees took changes, abused the above privileges or never met organisational goals…you would be an ex-employee. I’m all about fun and games but at the end of the day I’m still a boss who wants results.

1 comment:

  1. Starting work on a Tuesday would be awesome, we are all in need of a 3 day weekend as 2 days really is not sufficient. I wouldn't mind you being my boss, ending at 3pm on fridays works for me.

    ReplyDelete