Monday, June 14, 2010

Every day is a good day

How often do I think that this statement is true? To be honest…most days but not everyday. I received one of those annoying chain emails, my immediate reaction is to delete but today I decided that I would take 2 minutes out of my day to open the Powerpoint presentation. It was all about the present, how the present is a gift.

Everyday there is a gift beautifully wrapped on your bed waiting to be opened. Everyday that we are given the opportunity to live another day is a blessing and gift from God. The gift may be something that you want or it may not be something that you want. It is clear however, that God places things in our paths that we need in life. It may bring you joy or sadness or even tears.

The email was a perfect metaphor of that that lies before us….a day filled with opportunities and challenges. The opportunity to get that new job, promotion, house, new car or mend broken relationships. The challenges faced are merely opportunities to rise to the occasion to restore faith…as one cannot grow without rain.

I believe that every day is a good day because I woke up this morning and have been given the opportunity to achieve great things and to correct the mistakes of yesterday. I often find myself in a bad mood and make the decision to see how blessed I am in having another new day…

1 comment:

  1. This topic also made me rethink how I look at things, when I lose my tempter, when I moan, etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete