Monday, April 12, 2010

Not all who wonder are lost

How many times have I wondered around headless…how many times have I been lost? I have lived an eventful life thus far, finding myself in places I only dreamed and places out of my worst nightmare. But how much of those strayed moments had me feeling hopeless?

The answer is many. But the human body and mind is an amazing thing - you can keep going long after you thought you can't. I am a believer that where I have been is not as important; it is where I am going. This I have learned is essential in the game of life. I found myself being the rebel, opinionated and strong-willed…many of which landed me in hot water. I have overcome the limitations of my mind, knowing that my journey may have been warped but the destination is still in sight. This has given me a greater sense of determination and drive to be who I want to be and to achieve.

With every wrong turn, I learn something new about myself and my surroundings. I am humble enough to appreciate the wrong turns that I took along the way, the journey has moulded me to the person I am today. After all, true growth only happens when one has to overcome trials and tribulations…like the magical process of sand going through fire to become beautiful glass…

1 comment:

  1. In a more literal interpretation - YES! I get lost so often and wander round and wonder why I dind't bring a map book .

    ReplyDelete