Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Feelings follow behaviour

How true is this statement? If I think about how feelings are surfaced based on behaviour, an example being, if your boss goes mental because a task was not performed correctly, this could cause the employee to feel inferior or sad. I have learnt something over the past 5 years, that no one can make you feel something. You make a decision to be sad or happy. This being said, I would have to say that behaviour follows feelings.

If I am happy and positive at the start of my day, my behaviour and actions will most likely be productive. My mindset is ultimately what determines how I behave. The UK is well known for the perception that the people are grumpy and not friendly. Having been there for over a year, I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of it.

My experience there was not any different from anybody else’s; I experienced the same weather and circumstances. The difference was that I had a positive attitude which reflected in my behaviour. The beauty of life is that at any time, you can start your day over…

1 comment:

  1. Yip- we need to sap out of depressing emotions, after all, we all have it better off that most.

    ReplyDelete