Monday, May 10, 2010

Wedding cake in the middle of the road

Dear John

This day was a sign of defeat, heart ache and a blinded judgment call. What is left of my big white wedding is in the middle of the road - my anguish and embarrassment on display for all who pass by. My dreams of having a big white wedding have been tarnished…and there are so many to blame.

Cold feet could have been understandable…another woman on the side would have had me hysterical but still would have been better than this. Your nut-case of a family has done nothing but give me grey hair and sleepless nights.

Your family is barbaric, for a better lack of words; they have no sense of etiquette. Your brother felt up my 90 year old grandmother and the fact that your dad showed up drunk was not only disrespectful to the guests but to me too. Despite all this, I have allowed them to attend our wedding. Which I admit was a huge mistake that I have regretted every second since.

I can take many things but this is the last straw…when your mom locked you in the room and I waited for you over 3 hours in a church full of guests…I was humiliated. The cherry on the cake is the Jerry Springer show she pulled when she rugby-tackled me off the alter when I wanted to go look for you. My designer dress in shreds and half my hair pulled out.

As if this was not enough, despite my begging and pleading, she threw our wedding cake out in the middle of the road – to add to my mortification. They have done nothing but sabotage our relationship from day one. I have put up with a lot of things but a crazy momma’s boy I will not. I wish you many more happy years attached to your mother’s apron strings.

P.S. I will be sending you the wedding bill. Don’t call me, I’ll call you.

Yours truly,

Veronica

1 comment: