Monday, October 18, 2010

Bucket list: 100 things to do before I die


1. Paraglide along the west coast
2. Track mountain gorillas in Uganda
3. Sky dive - tandem of course
4. Go shark caging diving
5. Go river rafting
6. Get married - and have the big white wedding
7. Have a family
8. Grow in faith – and be a good Christian
9. Hot air balloon over the Maasai Mara in Kenya
10. Pony trekking in Lesotho
11. Go back to Mozambique for a holiday
12. Microlight over Victoria Falls
13. Soak in the Wikki Warm Springs – Nigeria
14. Travel back to Venice: take a Gondola ride and buy a glass ring – the one I bought fell and broke :-(
15. Stroll through the Roman ruins of Leptis Magna – 130 km east of Tripoli
16. Visit the Kruger National Park
17. Bungy jump again but this time actually jump off as opposed to someone pushing me
18. Learn to surf, more importantly to be able to stand up on the board
19. Learn sign language
20. Learn photography
21. Work one summer at a soup kitchen for the homeless
22. Learn to be more patient
23. Take a road trip and not know the destination
24. Go on holiday and not over pack as I always do
25. Be debt free – not that I have debt now
26. Donate blood on regular moment
27. Take a cruise holiday – destination does not really matter
28. Go to the Maldives and stay in a water villa (house built on stilts in the lagoon).
29. Go to Egypt and explore the pyramids
30. Be able to drive and not get road rage at the stupid people on the roads
31. Be able to stand in front of a crowd and Karaoke like no ones listening
32. Learn to ice skate
33. Be able to go to my dad’s grave and not be sad but rather at peace
34. Learn a new language
35. Blow a month’s salary on shoes/clothes and items for the house
36. Visit the churches of Lalibela – Ethiopia
37. Learn to be quiet and meditate
38. Realise that there is no such thing as PMS and that its just my personality
39. Swim with a dolphin
40. Have an invisible friend
41. Go watch a ballet or opera show at a theatre
42. Make a snow angel in real thick snow
43. Go to India and ride an elephant
44. Visit Greece
45. Write my will
46. Go to Thailand
47. Shop in Bangkok
48. Tell my loved ones that I love them – while I still can
49. Spend the night talking with my husband and watch the sun rise
50. Go to Zanzibar
51. Build a tree house – its for the kids of course
52. Flash an officer of the Law
53. Win the lotto and tell my boss to take a hike – must be dramatic and creative resignation (like in the movies)
54. Learn to cook
55. Go on an African safari
56. Walk the great wall of China
57. Learn to master the art of eating with chop sticks
58. Be a great mom (if I ever do embark on that journey)
59. Learn to make sushi
60. Save enough to make provision for the loved ones I leave behind
61. Learn to play a musical instrument - maybe the harp
62. Touch a snake or let one hang over my shoulders
63. Give to various charities
64. Not care about my weight or the occasional muffin top
65. Have a professional photo shoot done
66. Shop antiques and tasseled fezzes in Fes
67. Learn to drive a motor bike
68. Go to Jamaica – perhaps even retire there!
69. Learn to garden
70. Set off a fire alarm at work and hope that someone doesn't catch me
71. Attend an Oprah show – the Christmas Show!!!
72. Stay out all night dancing and go straight to work the following day
73. Cut my hair into an outrageous hairstyle
74. Purchase my first pair of Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo shoes – break the bank.
75. Go to a wedding and wrestle to catch the bride's bouquets
76. Make my first million
77. Have a happy fulfilling marriage – more importantly, just have ONE marriage and not succumb to the divorce rate
78. Do a job that I love and am passionate about
79. Learn to take a compliment
80. Learn to take criticism
81. Fall deeply in love - helplessly and unconditionally
82. Ask for a raise
83. Shower under a waterfall
84. Experience a white Christmas
85. Look at my family from a distance and realise what a great job I have done
86. Make my own wine – stomping it and "the whole 9 yards"
87. Buy a house and make it a home
88. Overcome a fear
89. Learn to keep in touch with friends and family
90. Become a Sunday school teacher
91. Pitch a tent in my backyard and camp the night under the stars with my kids
92. Send my mom red roses on her birthday and Valentines Day to let her know how much she is loved
93. Stick to my New Year’s resolutions
94. Give ten percent of my income to the church
95. Go to a place where nobody knows me and pretend to be a completely different person – like a millionaire or a doctor
96. Learn to DJ
97. Be a non-smoker
98. Crash a high school party in my 50s
99. Be active and in good health
100. Be an organ donor - to help someone else


Bonus...


101. Be happy and content that I lived a fulfilling life with no regrets

No comments:

Post a Comment