Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fish falling from the sky


It’s a bird…no it’s a plane…no wait…is that a fish? Amazed and completely freaked out would be the emotions I would feel if fish were to fall from the sky. As astounding as this may sound, there could be two options as to the cause…both equally disturbing.

One – there is a tornado sweeping up everything around it in a fiery, determined to destroy everything in its path. Two – God has set out a plague and is separating the believers from the non-believers.

I must admit that I am not the type of person to come across something that is out-of-this-world and stand there in awe. Like in the movies where an alien is on the loose and people stop in the roads to take a moment to make themselves really vulnerable. I on the other hand am thinking, where are my nearest escape exits? After all, curiosity killed the cat. It’s survival of the fittest…if you can’t run to keep up you dead weight to me.

I can image the chaos as people scramble like headless chickens. The poor may see it as a blessing from the heavens. It’s amazing how different people would view such a bizarre happening. I, however, am content with rain consisting of good ol’ fashion rain drops...but if the Big Man up there is feeling generous, I wouldn't say no to a couple of dollar bills falling from the sky.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldnt mind a few dollar bills either, we could go skydiving :) Your piece definitely made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting take- I like the way you think.

    ReplyDelete