Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What colour is the wind

When I got asked this question it became apparent to me how boxed I was into being an adult…thinking and acting like one. My natural answer to this would be that there is no colour to the wind. Kind of made me think how magical it was to be young and free. A time where it was okay to have imaginary friends, believe in magical beings, unicorns, fairies and Santa Clause.

To get me inspired again, I asked various ‘little’ people around me ‘what colour is the wind?’ The responses are not only funny and cute but gave a dose of much needed release from adulthood. One little girl who is 5 years old said, “The wind is orange with shiny glitter…it cheers me up when I am down or my tummy is sore”. Most said, “It’s blue like the sky, silly”. Another said, “The wind has no colour but when Superman is near, he is soooo fast that the wind goes red”. And the most astounding one, “The wind is pink, it was my mommy’s favourite colour. She is in heaven now but she lets me know she loves me and is always with me when the wind blows”.

I asked myself what colour is the wind??? I would have to say that it has many colours, dependent on how I am feeling at that moment. Today has been a good day so I would have to say that the wind is pastel yellow, with soft touches of mint green and the faint smell of strawberry swirls...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! It got me thinking that too- we are very adult and sometimes it makes us very boring!

    I feel like candy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really do box our thinking alot & need time to just be inspired and use our imagination. Great idea asking little ones for their thoughts, as they are so innocent & their minds are free.

    ReplyDelete