Monday, September 13, 2010

Fantabulous is an understatement

Life can be quite a daunting thing…prices are always going up, work and family life is demanding, the unexpected curve balls of life which seem to happen all at once make it hard to sit back and enjoy the little pleasures in life. That’s why when my boyfriend surprised me with tickets to go see Madame Zingara I was over the moon.

I was dying to see the show; I heard numerous excellent reviews about the show and was sure to whisper them in my boyfriend’s ear. The initial reaction was that tickets are quite expensive but if he wants to spoil me…who am I to say no.

You walk through the demarcated area, noting each and every piece of décor carefully selected to transform you on the Love Magic Show. What was so amazing about the show was that you were constantly entertained from the moment you walked through those doors, there was no curtain to showcase the start and end but rather from the moment you entered performers where interacting amongst the crowd.

The costumes were elaborate, it made you want to buy a feather bower to feel part of. The characters of the performers were beyond entertaining and their performances were jaw-dropping. Characters ranged from a woman on stilts, a midget who had the bubbly personality bigger than any I have ever seen, a clumsy magician, a dark angel, Russian acrobats, beautiful woman displaying art bound to make your heart skip a beat, a soulful rapper, contortionists, a woman who took a childhood playtime, holla-hoops, to another level and three voluptuous singers who had us linger on every note. Be careful though, if you see a large woman flirting with you…don’t’ be fooled…that is actually a man – you have been warned. I think the act that sent shivers down my spin was a couple, who managed to perform with roller skates whilst doing flips, dips and swings.


Now many of you may think that the tickets are overpriced, after the show, I beg to differ. With riveting entertainment to keep you enthralled in the show and scrumptious food throughout…what more could you wish for. The show provides a four course meals which is pure taste bud perfection. You receive a free non-alcoholic Motjio As you may know, the show is famous for their choc chilli steaks…I now understand why. This unusual combination is utterly delectable…the steak is so soft it melts in your mouth. If you are looking to be mesmerized, I highly recommend this meal to anyone going to the show. If steak is not your thing…trying their Thai curry or their generous portion of Lamb Shank.



One of the things that struck me was that the food was served perfect and on time. How often does that happen in a restaurant?! There were hundreds of people seated at round tables yet the service was spectacular – 5 gold stars. Staff was dressed to the T in the theme, friendly yet professional and highly efficient.

I left the show not wanting it to end, entertained beyond my wildest dreams and my stomach satisfied from all the mouthwatering food. We were unable to take photographs of the extravagant performances but take it from me it was impressive. Perhaps it’s a good thing that photographs were not permitted so that you can go and experience this show for yourself. Taking someone to see this show is the ultimate gift, so grab and friend, colleague or loved one and make your booking to see this unforgettable show.

To the Madame Zingara Love Magic Show…the show was magical, extravagant and worth EVERY penny. I can’t wait to see the show again on your next tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment