Monday, September 13, 2010

“In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes” - Andy Warhol


Is this guy on crack? This is not the case for everyone…some people’s lives are filled with poverty and despair. Some have the potential yet are just another number, cardboard cut-out; pencil pusher in the corporate world. No Andy...not everyone will be famous. Some will drop of the face of the earth without a single person knowing of their existence. Ok so enough with the gloom talk.

The above statement makes me question, if I had the opportunity to be famous…what would it be for? Now I know most people would rant like a Miss World pageant contestant and say “World Peace” but I am a simple girl…

I would like to instate that people only work 3 days a week instead of five and that Monday is always a public holiday. Perhaps I will invent breathable stockings that that doesn’t rip just before that important meeting.

Maybe I will team up with Bill Gates and invent a rubber bouncy computer so that when technology pushes me over the edge…I can throw the machine out of my two story building without having to suffer the expensive repercussions.

What if I became a top agency for the plus size model…kicking the anorexic models to their nearest Mc Donalds to get a double cheese burger.

Perhaps I will be become a famous exercise instructor like Billy Blanks or create affordable tastey meals like Jamie Oliver – what are the chances...I’m dreadful in the treadmill and kitchen lol.

Perhaps I will become a lecturer teaching common sense classes to society, that we don’t need multi billion monuments when there are people starving. We don’t need to pumps thousands of Rands into the sport industry to watch people play with a ball when so many are unemployed.

So what would I be famous for? I would be ‘famous’ for doing my small bit, volunteer work and speaking out about causes that make our society a better place to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment